Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey Quotes

Compiled some Quotations from the book, Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. The book is worth reading, I promise.




"Just take it easy with him and keep him at arm’s length until you decide whether he’s worthy of you.”


“Honey, please, don’t let a man get under your skin. You’re far too young. Go and enjoy yourself.”


The candle flame is too hot. It flickers and dances in the over-warm breeze, a breeze that brings no respite from the heat. Soft gossamer wings flutter to and fro in the dark, sprinkling dusty scales in the circle of light. I’m struggling to resist, but I’m drawn. And then it’s so bright, and I am flying too close to the sun, dazzled by the light, fried and melting from the heat, weary in my endeavors to stay airborne. I am so warm. The heat… it’s stifling, overpowering. It wakes me.


Do you really feel like this or do you think you ought to feel like this? Two very different things. If that is how you feel, do you think you could just try and embrace these feelings, deal with them, for me? That’s what a submissive would do.


I realize, in that moment, that I hate her. I hope that I never meet her because I will not be responsible for my actions if I do. I can’t remember ever feeling this passionately about anyone, especially someone I’ve never met. Gazing unseeing out of the window, I nurse my irrational anger and jealousy.



Holy crap. How did this suddenly become such an intense and meaningful conversation? It’s been sprung on me, like an exam that I’m not prepared for. What do I say? Because I think I love you, and you just see me as a toy. Because I can’t touch you, because I’m too frightened to show you any affection in case you flinch or tell me off or worse – beat me? What can I say?


This man, whom I once thought of as a romantic hero – a brave shining white knight, or the dark knight as he said. He’s not a hero, he’s a man with serious, deep emotional flaws, and he’s dragging me into the dark. Can I not guide him into the light?


How could he mean so much to me in such a short time? He’s got right under my skin… literally.


Interviews seem such artificial situations, everyone on their best behavior trying desperately to hide behind a professional façade. Did my face fit? I shall have to wait and see.


“Men aren’t really complicated, Ana, honey. They are very simple, literal creatures. They usually mean what they say. And we spend hours trying to analyze what they’ve said – when really it’s obvious. If I were you, I’d take him literally. That might help.”


“You see, Ana, men think that anything that comes out of a woman’s mouth is a problem to be solved. Not some vague idea that we’d like to kick around and talk about for a while and then forget. Men prefer action.”


“Darling, you know what they say. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.”


And so a pattern develops: wake, work, cry, sleep. Well, try to sleep. I can’t even escape him in my dreams.


It’s the caffeine that keeps me going, but it’s making me anxious.


I have discovered more about myself in the last few weeks than ever before. I’ve learned about my body, my hard limits, my soft limits, my tolerance, my patience, my compassion, and my capacity for love.And it strikes me like a thunderbolt—that’s what he needs from me, what


It’s so difficult to buy something for the man who has everything.


“I’m just trying to establish a career, and I don’t want to trade on your name. I have to do something, Christian. I can’t stay imprisoned at Escala or the new house with nothing to do. I’ll go crazy. I’ll suffocate. I’ve always worked, and I enjoy this. This is my dream job; it’s all I’ve ever wanted. But doing this doesn’t mean I love you less. You are the world to me.”


“You’ve got to let me make my own decisions, take my own risks, and makemy own mistakes, and let me learn from them. I need to walk before I can run,Christian, don’t you see. I want some independence. That’s what my name meansto me.”


Chirstian: “It’s just a pretty face, baby.”Anna: “And behind it is a very pretty man.” I kiss his temple. “My man.”


“running a successful company is all about embracing the talent of the individuals you have at your disposal. If that’s where your talents and your interests lie, then you structure the company to enable that. Don’t dismiss it out of hand, Anastasia. You’re a very capable woman. I think you could do anything you wanted if you put your mind to it.”


“Christian, I changed my mind,” I explain slowly, patiently as ifhe’s a child. “I’m a woman. We’re renowned for it. That’s what we do."


Christian: “Am I that much of a prize?”Anna: “Christian, you are the state lottery, the cure for cancer, and the three wishesfrom Aladdin’s lamp all rolled into one.”
 
And I’m aware we don’t know each other well, and we have a mountain of issues to overcome, but I know for each other, we will—and we’ll have a lifetime to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment